iDAWN is required to comply with the law governing the management and storage of personal data, which is outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA 1998”).
For this reason, protection of personal data and respect for individual privacy is fundamental to the day-to-day operations of iDAWN.
Compliance with the GDPR is overseen by the UK data protection regulator which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). More information about the ICO can be found here.
We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
This Policy describes:
1. The information that we collect
2. How we use the information we collect
3. Who we share your information with
4. Keeping your information and information security
5. Your choices and rights
6. How to contact us and other important information
1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHERE WE GET IT FROM
“Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you and which we have in our possession or control.
We will collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Name, address, telephone numbers, date of birth;
- Digital details – email addresses and mobile numbers;
- Company you work for, position, job title;
- Racial or ethnic origin; and
- Your location.
Information that you provide to us
We will process personal information that you give to us including when you email us or contact us through various channels as follows:
- Signing up for services on our site: when you sign up for newsletters, webinars, events or when you contact us with queries or respond to our communications, the personal information you provide may include your full name, title, telephone number, email address and content, date and time of your email correspondence and information about your employer or your business.
Information we otherwise collect about you
We will also collect information about when you register to attend our events or when we otherwise interact or correspond with you. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our websites.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We are only allowed to use your personal (and sensitive personal) data if we have a proper and lawful reason to do so and under the strict guidelines set out in the GDPR.
We may do the following with your personal information:
- Use it to provide information to you about the activities that IFN is involved with or is organising. This may include sending you newsletters, policy updates, legal updates and other information that may be of interest to you
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge
- Use it to look into any complaints or queries you may have, and
- Use it to prevent and respond to actual or potential fraud or illegal activities.
Also, we may collate, process and share any statistics based on an aggregation of information held by us provided that any individual is not identified from the resulting analysis and the collation, processing and dissemination of such information is permitted by law.
Grounds for using your personal information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Consent – where you have given your consent to use your personal information. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us (see below).
- Performance of our networking services to you – we may need to collect and use your personal information for the performance of our service for you or to take steps at your request before providing our service.
- Legitimate interest – we may use your personal information for our legitimate interests, some examples of which are given above (such as sending you newsletters).
- Compliance with law or regulation – we may use your personal information as necessary to comply with applicable law/regulation.
3. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We are a voluntary networking service and at this current time, we see no reason or need to share the personal data of our membership with any outside service providers.
4. KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION AND INFORMATION SECURITY
How long we hold your personal information for will vary and will depend principally on:
- The purpose for which we are using your personal information – we will need to keep the information for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose, and
- Legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal information.
When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal data, we will delete or ensure that any personal or sensitive personal data is anonymised.
5. YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you and can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out below.
These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information which we hold about you.
- Requesting that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal information but we are legally entitled to retain it.
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
- Lodging a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
- We can, on request, tell you which data protection authority is relevant to the processing of your personal information.
6. HOW TO CONTACT US AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal information or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, please contact us. You can do this by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org